05 May 2008

my body responds to the mere mention of surgery

this morning i got up at a quarter past dark o'clock to head out for a minor surgical procedure at the best hospital in dc . i arrived at 5:30 am for my 7:30 appointment and the staff quickly prepped me - id bracelet, allergy bracelet, blood tests, gown, funny brown slipper socks, even funnier blue surgery cap, and the iv. my doctor came in a little before 7:00 and we started talking about what had happened since i last saw her on wednesday when she decided that it was time to take a surgical approach to fix me (that was after i threatened her with bodily harm if she didn't make me better immediately!). i gave her the update and she began to think that my issue no longer existed. so out came the iv and off came the surgery cap, slipper socks, gown, allergy bracelet and id bracelet. she ordered a test and that test showed that i somehow fixed myself?!? i'm really grateful because who wants to undergo unnecessary anesthesia and an unnecessary surgical procedure regardless of how minor, but i'm still left thinking ... huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - what's up???