18 June 2009

god works

i was going to say in mysterious ways, but that's just too limiting ... i'm in the process of getting ready to leave for new mexico in just a few hours (a trip towards which i've been looking forward for months and months, but that has recently become a source of great stress) and i can feel my anxiety building (this is really nothing new - there's a lot to be done when you're trying to go out of town for 5 days). i finally got around to packing my bible and i found this inside -

so much to be grateful and thankful for:
peace
grace
understanding
salvation
each day
love
friendships
"teachable" moments

most importantly that you loved me enough to die for me and to love me unconditionally.

each day is a new beginning and i'm thankful that you encourage me to live life to its fullest, not to dwell on regret and to have the understanding that i'm precious to you and there's nothing, together, we can't do. you have made me more than a conqueror and it's plainly evident to me.

***

i have no idea when or why i wrote this, but it's exactly what i needed to read today. god works ...

1 comment:

Moi said...

Chiquita banana -

Have fun in NM. I am so looking forward to hanging out with you and your mom next weekend--she is the ONLY person in our family who is supportive and understanding! Why am I only finding this out at age 40? :(